Belgian waffles are a delicious and classic breakfast treat that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Whether you prefer them topped with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or syrup, making them at home can be a fun and rewarding experience. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make Belgian waffles.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and then mix in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Heat your waffle iron and lightly grease it.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the waffles from the iron and serve them immediately with your favorite toppings.
Enjoy your homemade Belgian waffles! You can experiment with different toppings and ingredients, like chocolate chips or different types of flour.
- The above recipe is for basic Belgian waffles, if you want to make Liege waffles, you should add pearl sugar to the batter before cooking, and the texture and taste will be different.
- To make sure your waffles have the perfect texture, it’s important to use a good quality waffle iron. Some waffle irons have a non-stick surface, which makes them easy to clean and prevents the waffles from sticking.
Belgian waffles are a treat that everyone should be able to enjoy. With this guide, you can make delicious Belgian waffles right in your own kitchen. So, take some time to gather your ingredients, preheat your waffle iron, and get ready to enjoy this classic breakfast treat.