Brussels sprouts are a delicious and nutritious vegetable that can be prepared in many ways. They are a great source of vitamin C, K, and fiber. Here’s a simple recipe for how to cook Brussels sprouts that will make them a tasty side dish for any meal.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut off the tough ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves. Cut them in half or quarters if they are large.
- In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, pepper and any additional seasonings you like.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and browned. Shake the pan occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and toss with lemon juice or grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
This simple recipe is a great starting point for cooking Brussels sprouts, but there are many other ways to prepare them as well. Some other cooking methods include sautéing, steaming, and boiling. Experiment with different seasonings and cooking methods to find your favorite way to enjoy Brussels sprouts.
In conclusion, Brussels sprouts are a versatile and delicious vegetable that can be prepared in many different ways. The key to making them taste great is to roast them in the oven with a little bit of olive oil and seasonings, which brings out their natural sweetness and nuttiness. By following the recipe provided above, you will be able to enjoy this tasty vegetable as a side dish in no time.